|pH State - Acid or Alkali|
Click below for other Metal Test kits
Strategic Health Marker
It is important to know that true health lives in an alkaline state.
Find out which food causes an acidic or alkaline condition
The lists below categorize foods that are either acidic or alkaline based on the effect they have on urine pH. For example, if a food tends
to increase the acidity of urine after it is ingested, it is classified as an acid forming food. Conversely, if a food increases the
alkalinity of urine after it has been ingested, it is classified as an alkaline forming food. The effect foods have on urine pH may be quite
different than the pH of the foods themselves. For example, orange juice is a highly acidic food due to its high citrus acid content, but
after being metabolized it will cause urine to become alkaline.
- Most grains
Very acidic Foods and Supplements
- Distilled Water
- Filtered Water
- Livef and other organ meats
- Broth made from bones and other animal parts
- Yoghurt with active cultures
- Buttermilk, including buttermilk pancakes and biscuits
- Sour cream
- Most fermented foods and aged cheese
- Some Vitamin B supplements (or foods supplemented with Vitamin B) can make your stomach more acidic
- Hydrochloric acid supplements
- Digestive enzymes
Non-food substances that can make urine acidic
- Probiotics - they create an acidic environment in the digestive tract
- Soft water - tends to be more acidic
Very Alkaline Foods and Supplements
- Most fruits except as noted above
- Most vegetables except as noted above
Non-food substances that can make urine alkaline
- Mineral water
- Orange juice
- Dandelion Greens
- Many mineral supplements, especially calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron,
- Antacids which often contain magnesium and calcium supplements
- Hard water - opposite of soft water
The above lists are not comprehensive but would cover most foods consumed ordinarily.
It is also useful to note that bacteria tends to thrive in an alkaline environment and this the one of the main reasons for
bladder and urethra infections after a dose of antibiotics.
Osumex pH Indicators - see below
NEW 20-test pack
OLD version - will be discontinued when inventory sold!
It is recommended that you test at least once a week, if your pH is 6.0 or lower, until it is brought back up to at least 6.5. Thereafter,
you should check once a month to make sure your pH is alkaline
The above information is provided for general
educational purposes only. It is not intended to replace competent
health care advice received from a knowledgeable healthcare professional.
You are urged to seek healthcare advice for the treatment of any
illness or disease.
The Food Standard Agency UK has not evaluated these
statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent