|pH State - Acid or Alkali|
Click below for other Metal Test kits
Strategic Health Marker
It is important to know that true health lives in an alkaline state.
pH in relation to a healthy body
- pH of Blood - 7.35 is normal
- pH of Saliva - 7.4 is normal
Best to test in the morning even before washing your mouth.
- pH of urine - between 6,5 to 7.0 is normal
The reading is dependent on when the test is done - morning, afternoon, night, before meals or after meals. Always use mid-stream
Body pH - what is measured?
It is also important to understand that we are not talking about stomach acid or the pH of the stomach which is always acidic since it uses
acid for proper digestion. Food in the stomach is acidic while food in the intestines is alkaline. We are talking about the pH of the body's
fluids and tissues which are entirely different matters. The human body has adapted to two types of digestion:
- alkaline for starches
- acid for proteins
Keeping the right pH balance for good health
The body is able to assimilate minerals and nutrients properly only when its pH is balanced. It is therefore possible for a person to be
consuming nutrients and yet unable to absorb or use them. If you are not achieving expected results from a nutritional (including herbal)
program, it is possible that there is acid alkaline imbalance. No nutritional program would work if the body's pH is out
of balance amongst other issues. This acid alkaline state might in turn affect the microbiota (friendly
bacteria) of the digestive system.
A highly acidic urine occurs in:
A highly alkaline urine occurs in:
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Starvation and dehydration
- Respiratory diseases in which carbon dioxide retention occurs and acidosis develops
Important points to remember about urinary pH:
- Urinary tract obstruction
- Pyloric obstruction
- Salicylate intoxication
- Renal tubular acidosis
- Chronic renal failure
- Respiratory diseases that involve hyperventilation (blowing off carbon dioxide and the development of alkalosis)
- An accurate measurement of urinary pH can be done only on a freshly voided specimen. If urine must be kept for any length of time before
analysis, it should be refrigerated.
- During sleep, decreased pulmonary ventilation causes respiratory acidosis. As a result, a first waking urine specimen is usually highly
- Bacteria causing a urinary tract infection or bacterial contamination will produce alkaline urine.
- A diet rich in citrus fruits, most vegetables, and legumes will keep the urine alkaline.
- A diet high in meat and cranberry juice will keep the urine acidic.
- Urine pH is an important screening test for the diagnosis of renal disease, respiratory disease, and certain metabolic disorders.
- If urine pH is to be useful, it is necessary to use pH information in comparison with other diagnostic information.
Osumex pH Indicators - see below
NEW 20-test pack
It is recommended that you test at least once a week, if your pH is 6.0 or lower, until it is brought back up to at least 6.5. Thereafter,
you should check once a month to make sure your pH is alkaline
The above information is provided for general
educational purposes only. It is not intended to replace competent
health care advice received from a knowledgeable healthcare professional.
You are urged to seek healthcare advice for the treatment of any
illness or disease.
The Standard Food Agency UK has not evaluated these
statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent