“the natural way to better health”  
HMT Home Page

Mercury
Mercury Information
Mercury Sources
Mercury Toxicity
Mercury Effects
Mercury Test Kit
Mercury Kit
  how to test

Aluminium Test kit

Arsenic Test kit

Cadmium Test kit

Copper Test kit

Iron Test kit

Lead Test kit

Click below for other Metal Test kits

HMT General Test

Free Radical Test

Adrenal Function Urine Test

Sulkowitch Urine Calcium Test

pH Indicators

10-P Urine Analysis

HMT Detox

Strategic Health Markers
Energy
pH Indicator
Free Radicals
Inflammation



MERCURY

Number 80 on the "periodic table" of elements


Mercury or "quicksilver," is a shiny liquid metal that is a widespread environmental contaminant. The levels of mercury in our bodies today are much higher because of its greater use in recent times. Mercury is employed daily by medical and dental practices in thermometers, drugs and amalgam for fillings. It is also present in fungicides and pesticides and in some cosmetics. Mercury from industrial waste has contaminated our fresh- and salt-waters and to the plants and fish therein.

An average body contains about 10-15 mg. of mercury. This comes daily from our food, air, and water. Mercury is not well absorbed through the intestinal tract, only about 5-10 percent. Inhaled mercury fumes go into the blood, since it is soluble and passes through the lungs. Some mercury is retained in body tissues, mainly in the kidneys. The kidneys store about 50 percent of the body mercury. The blood, bones, liver, spleen, brain, and fat tissue also hold mercury. This potentially toxic metal does get into the brain and nerve tissue, so central nervous system symptoms may develop. Mercury can also get into a growing fetus and into breast milk. Mercury is eliminated daily through the urine and feces. Urine levels would show whether the body is actively working to eliminate it.


Mercury has the following effects (simplified) on the body:
  • disruption of the nervous system:
  • damage to brain functions - degradation of learning abilities, personality changes, tremors, vision changes, deafness, muscle incoordination and memory loss ;
  • DNA and chromosonal damage - chromosonal damage is known to cause mongolism;
  • allergic reactions resulting in skin rashes, tiredness and headaches;
  • disrupting reproductive functions such as sperm damage, birth defects and miscarriages

Toxicity Limits
The average overall daily intake is between 30-50 mcg. Acceptable levels are between 0.02 - 0.03 ppm depending on what was analysed. Readings above 0.05 ppm should be cause for concern. Mercury is a highly toxic heavy metal and concentration levels should be 0


Check out the mercury in your body with our easy to use, home-based, HMT Mercury Test kit


Sample of a HMT Mercury Test kit with color strip for results analysis

Osumex HM-Chelat is most effective in eliminating heavy metals contamination in the body





The above information is provided for general educational purposes only. It is not intended to replace competent health care advice received from a knowledgeable healthcare professional. You are urged to seek healthcare advice for the treatment of any illness or disease.
The Food Standard Agency UK has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.


 Distributors - Nth America | Sth America | Asia | Europe | Africa | Oceania |  Contact
Copyright 2008-2014 Osumex UK Limited. All rights reserved.